Sunday 16 November 2014

River Reeds


Original Unedited Photograph
Edited Photograph
I took this photograph while at the river because of the way the reeds draw your eyes into the picture. However, I didn't like the original colours in the first photograph and found changing it to a black and white image made more of an impact and added depth. I also increased the contrast and saturation to cause the upper left part of the image to become brighter as your eyes are drawn towards that area by the reeds.
I took the photograph on my bridge camera, a Lumix FZ200, with aperture f/3.2, shutter speed 1/125 seconds and ISO 100. I edited the photograph in iPhoto.
Overall I am very happy with the image as I find it intriguing even though it doesn't necessarily have a subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment